Seniors Attend Cafe College

Autumn Copeland

The fall seniors find themselves searching for their perfect college or university. DHS senior Macey Hein visits her select school’s website.

Autumn Copeland, News Writer

On Tuesday, seniors visited Café College in San Antonio to learn about navigating the college process.

According to sanantonio.gov, “Café College will offer free guidance to San Antonians preparing for and applying to the higher education institution of their choice.”

DHS senior, Brianna Torres, was excited to go on the trip because “It gives all the seniors an opportunity to learn more about financial aid, scholarships, and funding for college.”

After returning, Torres said, “I learned that I could be in work study and do campus jobs. I also learned about scholarships. I feel less worried about money.”

Devine students learned there are over 38 million scholarships they can apply for, and that most but not all scholarships require a 3.0 GPA.

Senior Macey Hein, who is considering attending Texas A&M International University, also shared her newfound knowledge about applying for scholarships. “Now I know there are so many scholarships you can apply for that can help you and how to apply for them. We learned about scam scholarships, but we learned that there are a lot of people willing to help you.”