75 years of The Corral

Karli Geyer, Staff Writer

In honor of the 75th edition of the Corral, yearbook editor Preslee Quisenberry chose the theme “We are Devine” for this year’s book.

“I was trying to come up with a concept that would show just how much our school has grown since the first edition of the Corral,” Quisenberry said. “I realized there isn’t just one word to describe who we are as a school, so I chose to make the theme ‘We are Devine’.”

The theme was inspired by the fact that this yearbook marks the making of the 75th edition of all the yearbooks in Devine High School history.

“When Preslee and I were looking at what edition we were going to be working on, she noticed it was the 75th and came up with the idea of making it a special edition and using that as our theme,” yearbook advisor Debi Petty said.

To incorporate the theme into the book, every page has a similar format including headers, styles, fonts, titles, and colors to go along with the theme.

“Throughout the book ‘We are …’ is used to describe who we are at that time and what that page is about,” Quisenberry said. “You only get to make the 75th edition once, and I know our staff has worked hard to make it the best book possible.”

The last day to buy a yearbook is April 5th. Contact Yearbook Advisor Debi Petty for more information.