Annual holiday concert

Band performs Christmas music for audience

Brianna Bowyer, Staff Writer

To spread holiday cheer, the DHS Band hosts their annual holiday concert. On Dec. 12, the band performed their concert for friends and family.

“I am honored to be apart of such a wonderful band program,” sophomore Pauline Calame said. “It is a special experience to spread holiday cheer to my family.”

The holiday concert opened with the concert band performing “Wedgewood March”, “Do You Here What I Here” and “Let Heaven and Nature Sing.” 

“We have been working on our Christmas music since November and I’m very happy with the outcome,” freshman Ashlyn Crossland said. “The music we preformed really brought out the spirit of Christmas.”

In between songs, Concert Band Director Mr. Quintero, recognized sophomore Peter Valerio for being selected into All-Region Band.

“Everything I’ve worked hard for finally paid off,” Valerio said. “With only one year in band, I’ve come a long way from where I started.”

They were followed by the symphonic band who played “Miss Liberty”, “The Nutcracker Suite” and then closed with “A Christmas Festival.”

“We all have practiced so hard for this concert,” senior Krista Davis said. “I believe we put out the best performance we could for our families.”

In between songs, Band Director Mr. Miller recognized Josephine Taitano, Madilynne Mohr, Christopher Salazar, Christopher Esquibel, Tanner Hardcastle, Andrea Sanchez, Clarissa Maldonado, Alyssa Rodriguez, Felicitas Diaz, Christian Osorio, Brian Schaefer, Anahii Ramirez, Isabella Elias, Caleb Martin, Pauline Calame and Charlize Benavidez for being selected into All Region Band.

“It’s a great honor to compete at such a high level with so many wonderful people,” freshman Brian Schaefer said. “Being selected for All Region Band my freshman year is a wonderful experience.”

After the concert concluded there were a variety of cookies and refreshments to enjoy for everyone who attended the concert.

“I look forward to the cookies after every concert,” sophomore Allison Stevens said. “I love spending time with my friends and family during that time.”