Homecoming week

Homecoming+week

Elizabeth Puente, Staff Writer

Homecoming is a week in October where students get the opportunity to dress up each day and pick their class at the homecoming football game.

“Homecoming is always fun because we get to show off our school spirit,” senior Chesney Friesenhahn said. “Being able to have the opportunity represent my class for this event is very memorable.”

This year’s class representatives are freshmen Arieana Ramirez and Xsavior Martinez, sophomores Esperanza Mendoza and Carlos Flores, juniors Preslee Quisenberry and Gehrig Runyan and this years senior nominees for homecoming king and queen are Abby Whitaker, Kiana Monreal, Chesney Friesenhahn , Elizabeth Puente, Daniel Ramirez, Connor Schmidt, Seth Maldanado and Marques Burford.

“It’s pretty cool knowing that a lot of people voted for me,” Runyan said. “The fact that they chose me to represent the class of 2019 felt rewarding.”

Homecoming allows you to dress up during the week, see your old friends, and to have a good time while you watch the team you’re rooting for.

It’s fun to dress up for homecoming week,” senior Sydney Rendon said. “I get to look silly and show my school spirit with all my classmates.”

This year on Monday, students dressed up to represent their favorite college or as if they were apart of a college fraternity.

“Dressing up for college prep day was funny seeing girls dressed up like frat guys and some of the guys looking how they normally would, “ junior Alissa Stehle said.

Tuesday students dressed up in all pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness.

“I love supporting the cause because my grandmother fought it,” senior Lexi Shields said. ”It hit close home for me and I think the community should get more involved in.”

“It’s fun to dress up for homecoming week,” senior Sydney Rendon said. “I get to look silly and show my school spirit with all my classmates.

Wednesday students were given the chance to dress up as hill billies for the day.

“I love hillbilly day,” senior Amanda Richardson said. “Some kids go above and beyond and it’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.”

Tacky Tourist Thursday has been brought to DHS where students will dress as if they are a visiting tourist from a different country.

“I’m wearing sunglasses, a Hawaiian shirt, and a weird looking hat,” sophomore Josephine Taitano said. “It’s a lot of fun to escape for being normal and dress funky for the day.”

Extreme spirit day Friday allows students to be competitive and see who can bring out the most school spirit they have.

Some students who participated in the dress up days.

“Spirit day is my favorite part of the week,” junior Noah Tumbarello said. “My friends and I have a competition going on to see who will have on the most maroon.”

Hillbilly day participants.