First Varsity Volleyball Home Game

Macey Hein, Editor and Chief

For the first time in a long time the Devine Arabians will be having their first home game tonight, Sept. 31 at 6pm in the old high school gym. Due to the DSAC having waxing problems with the floor, the DSAC will be under temporary construction. There is hope that the DSAC will be ready in September.

“Being a senior I wish I could finish my senior year in the DSAC and I definitely miss practicing and playing in there,” senior and middle hitter Darian Alvarez said. “Playing in the high school gym does not feel the same as playing in the DSAC, but we are all very thankful we are still able to play and have a gym.” 

Tonight the Arabians will battle against the La Vernia Lady Bears in the first official non tournament home game of the season. 

“Some of my teammates have told me that La Vernia’s volleyball team is pretty skilled and athletic,” junior and outside hitter Zoe Gonzalez said. “I am very excited for tonight’s game and to play La Vernia. Playing good teams gets us ready for playoff type competition and we learn things we can bring into the next game.”

The Arabians have been playing well during their preseason. During the Arabian Round Up, the girls went 5-1 for the whole tournament and won their Consolation Bracket. Last week they also played in the Seguin tournament where 5A and 6A schools were competing.

“As a team we connect very well on and off the court and it’s refreshing,” Alvarez said. “Even though our team may be a little on the smaller side, we are skilled, hardworking, and we make eachother better and I’m excited to see how far we go this season.”