Eurydice breaks a leg at Regionals

OAP qualifies for State as alternates

Julia Martinez, Staff Writer

One Act Play qualified for State as the alternate performance. The regional meet was held in Corpus Christi on Friday, May 2.

“I’m so proud of the cast and crew,” junior Catherine Duncan said. “All the hard work we’ve put into this play has paid off.”

The OAP play, Eurydice, had the top twelfth performance in Devine’s conference for the entire state of Texas.

“This is no small feat,” director Desiree Chappelle said. “We left the regional competition with a strong sense of pride in what we had accomplished.” Ms. Chappelle said.

The following cast received awards at regional performance: senior Kyle Saathoff, was named to the honorable mention all star cast, senior Rachel Cottle and junior James Pedroza, were named to the all star cast.

“I’m thrilled that they received recognition for their hard work and talent,” Ms. Chappelle said. “Every single cast member is brilliant in performance.”

Although the OAP season is closing their curtains, they plan on improving their talents for next year’s competitions and traveling farther to compete at the state meet.

“The thing I will miss the most about preforming with this years crew and cast will be how well we worked together on stage,” Duncan said.

There will be a student performance on Friday afternoon, May 9, and a community performance on Saturday, May 10, at 4 p.m. Tickets for the play will be $3-$5 .

“I hope every one can come out and support this astounding company,” Ms. Chappelle said.