Students explore future schools at college fair

Arielle Villanueva, Staff Writer

Finding the right college to go to after graduation is always a tough process, but it’s definitely easier when Devine holds its annual college fair for the community. The college fair, which was held March 19 in the high school gym, was a fun way for students to walk around to each school’s booth and find out new things about the colleges they would like to attend in the future.

“The college fair is a great opportunity for me to find out different things about other colleges and what they have to offer to me for my future,” junior Lane Adams said.

Each booth has something special to offer like mechanics, nursing, business, or even joining the army. Students found out new and exciting things at each booth that they would have never thought of.

“I was pretty excited when I heard the different things that I can do while I attend to college other than focusing on going into the oilfield after I graduate high school,” Adams said.

The booths offered information about tuition, dorms, and classes for their respective schools. For many students, this information helped them decide what path they wanted to take upon graduating.

“The college fair definitely helped me narrow down what I want to do after I graduate,” junior Alyssa Schmidt said. “With the help of a few of the representatives, I know which colleges are suited for me, and I’m even more excited to get started on my future.”