Students vote on Homecoming nominees

Caroline Anderson, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again!  Homecoming is right around the corner, and nominations have been made.

“It’s a good feeling to be nominated by my fellow classmates,” senior Benny Cisneros said.

On Friday, the senior class nominated whom they felt would make the best homecoming king and queen. The nominees are honored to be a part of this year’s homecoming.

“It feels good because this is my first time being nominated,” senior Brenden Rizo said.

For some nominees, this is their first time being nominated. Others have experience being a homecoming representative.

“I won representative when I was a freshman, so I know most of what goes on that night,” senior Brooke Sumners said.

Homecoming takes place on Oct. 3, and the nominees seem to be excited about standing with their fellow court members.

“No matter what happens, I’m excited to be out there,” Sumners said. “The girls I’ll be standing on that field with are some of my best friends.”

The senior homecoming seems to be bittersweet. It’s one of their many events as a senior, and although it’s their last homecoming, they’re also one step closer to graduating.

“It’s exciting but it’s also really sad because it’s my last one,” senior Alyssa Schmidt said. “I’m looking forward to making the most of it.”