Arabians compete for district title

Vanessa Oyola, Staff Writer

District is starting up and the Arabians are fired up. They have been preparing for this part of their season for the past two months. The Arabians are currently 19-4 with their first district win against Lytle.

“We have been preparing for district all of pre season and hopefully it all will pay off,” junior Chesney Friesenhahn said. “So far we are undefeated in district and hopefully we continue to stay undefeated.”

The Arabians have set multiple goals before their first game. Their main focus is to win district and advance to the regional tournament for the second time in two years.

“We are continuously putting so many hours in on and off the court, including watching film and studying our opponents games,” senior Victoria Martin said. “So far it has worked for us because we are undefeated in district and don’t plan on stopping there.”

The Arabians have a lot more to prove and plan to do so. The Arabians are the ones to beat and they’re making sure that it won’t be easy. 

“Being the youngest on the team means I have to work harder to keep up with the older girls, and so far they work with me and we all learn from each other and feed off one another,” sophomore Preslee Quinsenberry said. “Our main goal is to win district and we don’t plan on losing any games.”

The Arabians competed against Crystal City this past Friday Jan. 13, and came out victorious making their district record 4-0.

“Going into the Crystal City game we knew that they had better ball handling and shooting skills than most teams in our district,” senior Jenna Sadler said. “It was a great game and a great win and I’m glad we get to continue being undefeated in district at 4-0.”