Julia’s Journal

Julia Martinez, Co-Editor

choice is something we make everyday. Whether or not the choice is good, we have to move on from it. Throughout high school I have made some good and bad choices. Although some of my choices weren’t the best, I still believe that things were meant to happen the way they did. No matter if I chose to do the correct thing, I would still be on the same path I’m in.

I don’t know about you but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Things may not always happen in your favor but regardless, you make a choice to handle it with grace or failure. When I made the choice to be in newspaper, I didn’t know what I was getting into. Little did I know, I jumped into a pool of sharks.

Now, I am not saying that my editor had fifty sharp teeth ready to bite at me but she did give me deadlines and a lot of other things I had to do every morning.

My senior year came and our  advisor asked me to be co-editor for the following year. My jaw dropped beacuse I didn’t know what it would be like, being in charge.

Well, it turns out that this was one of my best choices I made throughout high school, because without Newspaper I would’ve never found out what chaos was really like. Walking into the room every morning, I am reminded of the choice I made to be one of the leaders my senior year. I will always remember the chaotic work dates and cherish the memories that I’ve made while working with this years newspaper staff. As I go to college I will take with me the lessons that I have learned while being one of the leaders this year.

I am surely going to miss everyone, but I know that as every chapter ends in life, a new door opens for new beginnings.