Double feature

Jo Taitano, Staff Writer

This year’s fall production is trying something different this year – two plays are in production instead of the usual one.

“I wanted to involve the most students possible in the production process, so I chose two short plays instead of one full-length play,” drama teacher Mrs. Taitano said.

The first play, entitled “This is a Test,” is a comedy about protagonist Alan as he takes his mid-term exam.

“It’s fun to be in a comedy, but it’s also hard to get the comedic timing right,” senior Paige Reyna said.

The play boasts a large cast of fourteen students.

“Sometimes it’s hard to focus in a large cast,” sophomore Charlize Benavidez said. “It depends on who’s around.”

“The Frog Prince,” the classical fairy tale about a prince who was turned into a frog, is the second play in production. This play features a much smaller cast, consisting of only four actors.

“I feel like the small cast dynamic is going to be different than what I’m used to, ” freshman Dakota Mann said. “However, as long as we memorize our lines and don’t start any arguments, we should do really well.”

In total, over thirty students of all grades are involved in the fall production.

“From my experience, a large cast is usually like a chaotic family,” Benavidez said. “We all argue and clash with one another, but at the end of the day we all love one another.”