The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Making memories and traditions, Devine Acres gets into Christmas spirit

Every year families from all around Texas come to Devine Acres to pick out one of the most traditional objects during Christmas-time; the Christmas tree.  Families enjoy a wide variety of fun activities that take place throughout the farm and employees enjoy the loving and kind attitudes the customers have to offer.

Sophomore Queen Catherine Duncan cleans up around the breakfast area, fulfilling her community service duties as a Queen’s court member.
Junior Miss Congeniality Brooke Sumners brings smiles to little girls’ faces as she serves them a cup of hot chocolate at their breakfast with Santa.

This year Devine Acres had a great year of sales. The farm averages over 1,000 tree sales a year, but this year their expectations were exceeded.

“We easily met our projected goals this year,” Owner Mr. Ken Capps said.

Even with a successful year of selling, they couldn’t have done it without the fun activities the farm offers that stimulate the interests of children and adults alike.

“I can always tell people are having so much fun doing all the activities,” junior Eric Trogden said.

The activities consist of many memorable moments such as horseshoes, mazes, animal feeding and a Christmas special event: Pancakes with Santa. But the most important activity is of course the tradition of picking out the tree.