The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Cross Country teams advance to Regional competition; Warhorses take second, Arabians take third

Warhorse and Arabian cross country went out last Saturday  Oct. 20, to run in the district meet. Both teams will move on to the regional meet. The boys placed second while the girls placed third.

“Both teams ran well,” senior Joseph Espinosa said. “We are really looking forward to the regional meet.”

Each of the teams had one member place in the top ten individually. Joseph took second place for the boys and sophomore Josephine Guzman also took second place.

“I was really glad to see all of my hard work in practice finally pay off,” Jospehine said.

The regional meet will be held in two weeks on Nov. 3, at UTSA in San Antonio.

“These next two weeks both of our teams will be hard at work in preparation for this big meet,” Joseph said. “The familiarity of the course should really work to our advantage.”

Last year Joseph finished twelfth place at the regional meet which was only two away from making it to the state meet.

“Last years end of the season left a bitter taste in the back of my mouth,” Jospeh said.  “I kind of have a chip on my shoulder this year coming to the meet”.

Hard work and dedication will continue for the next two weeks as the teams prepare to move on to the state level.