Sickly Seniors: Tips to help students avoid senioritis

Julia Martinez, Co-Editor

Being a senior can be overwhelming with all the things that need to get done before graduation. The bad thing about seniors is that they think they’re already done with high school and don’t try in any of their classes. According to the Urban Dictionary, senioritis is a crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. Don’t be the victim of senioritis; there are ways to avoid it from taking over senior year. These tips include: stay organized, stay focused, and set goals. The three “S” tips make it easier to remember. These tips will help out during a rough patch of laziness.

Stay Organized

Staying organized is important during senior year. By having organization, it allows the student to prepare for what’s to come. Planning ahead will help someone who is unorganized and needs a reminder that tells them when it’s time to do things. By planning ahead, he/she will be able to stay on track and not get caught up doing other things. As a senior, staying on track is very important.

Stay Focused

Remember, staying focused is as important as tying your shoe. During school there are things that need to get done and its important to stay on track. Once a student hits a brick wall, it’s hard to bounce back in the grove of things. If he/she stays focused it’s harder to get lazy because there is always something that needs to get done. Staying focused will stop senioritis right in its tracks.

Set Goals

Setting attainable goals is extremely important during senior year. This will help push the student to reach their goals and they will keep going until they reach them. Goals are an easier way to stay positive throughout the school year. By keeping up with things that are important, senior year will be a breeze. Goals should be a reward when the student reaches them.

These tips will make senior year one to remember. Students shouldn’t remember their last English class as one to nap in everyday. Instead, they should enjoy their last year of high school as much as possible. Senioritis shouldn’t come between the successes of a student, because senioritis is just an excuse for pure laziness; one that can be fought by some smart seniors.