The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Simply Sam

The fresh feeling of new scenery, wind in your hair and a long weekend ahead is one of the best feelings in the world. With the same routines playing like a broken record, and the same stresses that haunt you day in and day out, a small vacation can feel like a huge breath of fresh air. A worry-free weekend with all your problems left packed at home can make you wish you never had to leave. However, by Sunday morning almost everyone is worn out ready to get back into their own comfy beds.

The point I’m getting at is that no matter what you leave in the rearview mirror, there’s always a part of you that misses what you left behind. A get-away with friends to a new place can be just the thing you need, but at the end of the day, the place you’re getting away from is still your home. The beach sand feels great between your toes, but after a while home sweet home never sounds sweeter. There could be a million reasons to pack your bags and hit the road, but eventually that road will lead you home again.

I think little breaks are good for you. Getting a little time to relax and escape from the everyday grind eases the stress and makes you smile a little more; however, the time you spend away makes you appreciate what you get to come home to. It may seem like you can’t get far enough away from where you’re at sometimes, but once you’re gone you stop and realize the good things that were often overlooked. Life can get crazy, hectic, and stressful so taking some time for yourself is healthy; however, you have to love the life you live for it’s perfect imperfections.