The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Simply Sam

When something brings you down and you can’t seem to shake it off, it’s important to ask yourself a question; years from now, will this really matter? Often people can find themselves unhappy and stuck dwelling on things, when in reality, they might not even remember it. Without a doubt, the struggles you face shape you into who you become, but not every disappointment has to be a major downfall. Things happen, and most of the time there’s not much we can do about it; however, we can put our setbacks into perspective.

It’s hard to believe that your biggest focus at this very moment could possibly be a blur a few years down the road, however, it’s surprising how your outlook can change. When you look back on today years from now, you’re not going to remember the final score of that game you were so mad about losing. You’re not going to remember who was named most likely to succeed, or any of the little details for that matter. Memories you make today will stay with you, but the fact of the matter is that what happens now may not always matter later. There are many years ahead of you, so the things that bother you now may not even make a difference to the person you’ll be in the future. There’s a good chance that you’ll end up laughing at the issue you were once so distraught over.

The point is, don’t sweat the small stuff. When you let things get to you, you’re keeping yourself from getting the happiness you deserve. Sometimes we may face a bump in the road, but a few miles down, that bump is going to be a small spot in the distance when you look into your rear view mirror. If times like these aren’t going to matter years from now, you might as well spend that time doing something you love; when you look back on your past, you might as well make it worth remembering.