The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Going ‘Green’

Going+%E2%80%98Green%E2%80%99

Many people do not fully understand what “Going Green” really is, when a person becomes “green” they don’t just recycle or reduce their use of nonrenewable products, this becomes a way of life. There are a vast amount of things that can be done to help the environment. Three activities in which someone can help the environment are; pick up trash around a local community, help a school or office start recycling paper and reducing the amount of light or gas used daily in a community, school or office.

Last year, students helped clean up a highway right outside of Moore, Texas. The students woke up early and trekked out to the highway adopted by those who loved the late Coach Tschirhart.

Students have also placed boxes wrapped in green paper in classrooms to encourage recycling paper. Every few weeks a students or teacher pick up the boxes and drop them off at a recycling facility.

A student can also reduce the amount of light or gas they use on a daily basis. Each time a student leaves a room they can turn the light off or at lunch they can carpool if they’re going to the same place.

Each person can become “green” just by changing a few things in their daily lives. Everyone can make a difference in the world if they just change a few things in their own world.