The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Simply Sam

A chance is a probability. There are no guarantee or returns for the outcome. If you take it, there’s a possibility that it’ll all crash and burn. If you leave it, there’s a possibility that you let something great slip right through your fingertips. The hard part isn’t deciding which way is easier, but rather deciding which way is worth it. Taking a chance is putting your faith into the risk of failure for the hope of a better future. Whether to trust the gamble or fold your cards is a choice you have to make; however, if you go all in, there’s a chance you’ll leave the table with more than what you walked in with.

There’s a lyric I know that says, “To climb a mountain, you’ve got to risk the fall, and to make a difference you’ve got to risk it all.” If you want to get to the top you have to face the fear of falling, but once you see the view, it all seems worth it. It won’t always be easy, but when your faith is tested, that’s when you have to carry on. There may be times where you feel like you just want to give up, but in the end you’ll be glad you chose to endure the temporary struggle to enjoy the long term success.

If you want to make a difference in your life, you have to risk the fact that it might not work out; and even if it doesn’t, that’s what second chances are for. If you keep striving for what you want, love and believe in, the success is just going to taste that much sweeter when you accomplish it. A chance is unpredictable, and no human intention can sway the outcome of what its meant to be; however, taking the chance is better than doing nothing at all. When you push a chance aside, you know for a fact that nothing will happen, but when you take a risk there’s still an open window of opportunity that just might go in your favor. Even if you don’t think it’s in the cards for you, you never know what lies ahead. If you go all in and give it everything you got, there’s a chance you’ll walk out empty handed and it will turn into a royal flush down the drain; however, If you play your high card, there’s also a chance that you could win it all. Why not place your bet?