The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Simply Sam

At this time of year, things start becoming super hectic. The holiday season is coming up right around the corner, college applications are due, semester exams, sports; it seems like they all just clash together and you’re left stuck trying to handle it all at once.  At times like these, I tend to let the hype of it all take control of my composure, however, I’ve realized lately that things really don’t have to be so complicated.

Although it’s taken me a long time to finally accept the fact that its true, I’ve finally come to realize that I don’t need to stress so much over things, especially when they’re so far into the future. With my personality, I feel like if I’m not stressing over it, I’m not caring enough about it, but I’ve come to realize that there’s an easier way to approach these types of things. An old song came on the other day and the lyrics pretty much summed it all up; “Don’t go crazy over what you can’t control, let it go.” I can worry all day and anticipate things far into the future, or I could just enjoy the moment I’m in right now. The future can be scary without a doubt, but no one knows what the future holds, it’s unexpected. Maybe I have a disappointment waiting on me, or maybe I have something great ahead; but either way, its uncontrollable, it all happens for a reason, and its all part of a greater plan.

All the time I spend worrying about what’s going to happen, I’m overlooking everything that’s already happening right in front of me. Things started to become real this past week when I went through my very last pep rally and cheered at my last football game. I’ll never stand under Friday night lights, I’ll never throw a football to the top of the stands, and I’ll never do the school song on the football field again. Senior year is flying by fast, and there’s a lot of things I’ll never do again after this year is up. There’s too much to be grateful for and so little time to cherish it all, so I might as well live in the moment before it passes me by.