The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

Simply Sam

For the most part, everything I’ve done or will be doing from 2012-2013 can be found in my planner. Every birthday, practice, anniversary, game, due date and deadline is neatly penciled in. Each week it seems to get fuller and fuller as more and more things get piled on top of each other and the season gets busier. With all the chaos of running from practice to practice, keeping my grades up, meeting deadlines, applying for college, and actually trying to remember all the things I need to get done; things can become a little overwhelming. However, before I let the hectic scheduling and timing consume me, I had to stop and realize; these are not the moments I should be rushing through.

The moments I’m speeding through are the ones I’m going to wish I never had to let go. These are the moments I’ll miss the most with the people I love the most. John Lenon once said, “Life is what happens when you’re just making other plans,” and I couldn’t agree more. What’s the point of planning it all out if you don’t plan on living it all-out? Second chances aren’t handed out often. The memories you have will always be there, and they can’t be erased; however, they can’t be revised either.

Sometimes life can get a little crazy, and sometimes you might feel like you just have too much on your shoulders, but thinking about these moments in a future tense might change your perspective. One day far from now when you’re looking back, you’re going to remember the parts that really mattered, and wish you wouldn’t have focused so much on the parts that didn’t. Despite the chaos of a busy life, it’s still life, and that alone is something to be entirely grateful for. Life is anything but simple, but that’s what makes it worth the ride.