The student news site of Devine High School

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

The Warhorse

FISH eye view of high school

Freshmen have finally experienced what high school is like. Although some might have expected it to be frightening and intimidating, for most freshmen they have found it to be exciting and full of new experiences, new people, new responsibilities and new classes.

“I’m very happy to be a freshman. I enjoy having more freedom and responsibility,” freshman Anali Rodriguez said.

Freshmen have the opportunity to be involved in organizations/clubs such as: athletics, FFA, FCCLA, drama club, student council, lifeguides, youth alive, environmental club, crime stoppers, yearbook staff, newspaper staff, cheerleading and literary UIL. Becoming involved is critical in the setting the foundation for an exciting, busy, and beneficial four years.

“I plan to be involved in FCCLA, sports, and cheerleading,” freshman India Garcia said, “ I’m glad that this year I can be involved in so much more than I was in middle school.”

The differences in middle school and high school can be astounding. High school classes and lunches are a melting pot of all grade levels, which can cause some concern.

“I’m happy with the differences in high school and middle school,” freshman Jessica Stiefer said, “The teachers are more lenient, the classes are spaced out, and I enjoy eating somewhere besides the cafeteria.”

Even with all the differences students experience going from middle school to high school, they will become more comfortable as each day goes by. They will find their place at DHS and begin making lasting memories.