Best Met Gala Costume Looks

Fashion+model+Iman+in+her+striking%2C+metallic+dress+and+headpiece.+

Fashion model Iman in her striking, metallic dress and headpiece.

Macey Hein, Editor-in-Chief

The Met Gala, or also known as the Costume Institute Gala, is an invite-only ceremony where celebrities dress up in breathtaking costumes. The event is held as an annual fundraising gala for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York City. It also marks the opening of the Costume Institute’s annual fashion exhibit. This year’s Met Gala theme was In America: A Lexicon of Fashion and was held on September 13 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. We asked a few kids at school and put out a poll on Twitter to see what the student’s favorite individual and couples costumes were of the night. 

“The best-dressed individual at the Met Gala was definitely Iman,” senior Malachi Jackson said. “I loved her outfit because Harris Reed, who is also the designer for Harry Styles, made her outfit. She looked like a goddess and was glowing the whole night.” 

Some of the popular couple outfits that were most talked about were Kim Kardashian and Kanye who wore matching Balenciaga looks consisting of bizarre and bold all-black one-pieces created by Kanye West. Machine Gun Kelly arrived with Megan Fox, who wore a custom Mugler midi dress; and Rihanna, wearing a black Balenciaga ruffle dress with a beanie and over 267 carats of Bulgari diamonds, walked the carpet with ASAP Rocky, dressed in a quilt-style cape designed by Eli Russel Linnetz. 

A$AP Rocky and Rihanna pose together at the Gala.

“The theme this year was very unique and I loved it because it really made the celebrities and designers think out of the box,” senior Kadence Yeats said. “Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox were my favorite dressed couple because Megan’s red dress was stunning and different and MGK’ outfit had a motorcycle vibe so the red and black outfits looked amazing together.”